UTFT LCD are Wide Screen Modules, 40pins interface, not just a LCD break but include the Touch, SD card and Flash design. So it’s a powerful extension module for your project.
As many people have questions about the UTFT Usage, in addition to the previous 1.8” and 2.2” TFT LCD User Guide, we specially take 5” TFT LCD as an example, making the UTFT LCD User Guide and the UTFT Tutorial video, to demonstrate UTFT LCD operations, hope which can be beneficial to you.
Hardware and Software Preparation
Step 1 Hardware Operation
- Assemble the Mega 2560 and the TFT Mega Shield
2. Put the 5” TFT LCD together with the assembled device, and then connect it to PC with USB cable.
Step 2 Software Operation
- Download the UTFT Library from here
- Unzip the UTFT, and then put it into the file of Arduino-1.0.5/libraries
- Click the file of UTFT, and then open the memorysaver.
- By disabling the controllers you don’t need (remove the //) you can reduce the memory footprint of the library by several Kb(Maintain the controller of 5” TFT LCD)
- Open the example of 5’’ UTFT demo 800*480.
- Click the UFTF File, and then open the UTFT.h
- As the UTFT library supports many different TFT models, you need to find your specific TFT LCD define, like demonstrated TFT01_50 here
- Modify other UTFT define into your own TFT define like TFT01_50.
- Choose the corresponding board (Arduino Mega 2560)and serial port.
- Compelling sketch until Done compelling appears.
- Upload the sketch until Done uploading appears
Step 3 Displaying
Step 4 UTouch Function Demonstration
If you demonstrate the UTouch function, download the UTouch library from here, and the operation ways are the same as previous UTFT.