- 1 Introduction
- 2 Feature
- 3 Note
- 4 Applications
- 5 Schematic
- 6 Specification
- 7 Interface Function
- 8 Hardware
- 9 Part 1 Download Arduino RFID 522 CODE to Arduino IDE
- 10 Part 2 MFRC522 Module and Arduino UNO Wiring Way
- 11 Version Tracker
- 12 Bug Tracker
- 13 Additional Idea
- 14 Resources
- 15 How to buy
- 16 See Also
- 17 Licensing
- 18 External Links
It is an contactless reader module based on the MFRC522 from NXP B.V.. Communication Via Serial makes it simple and easy-using. Compatible with ISO/IEC 14443 A/MIFARE cards, it supports all variants of the MIFARE Mini, MIFARE 1K, MIFARE 4K, MIFARE Ultralight, MIFARE DESFire EV1 and MIFARE Plus RF identification protocols, and the operating distance in Read/Write mode is up to 40 mm.
This module could be used in a variety of applications: Access management, Tracking of goods, Tracking of persons and animals, Toll collection and contactless payment, Machine readable travel documents, Smartdust (for massively distributed sensor networks), Tracking sports memorabilia to verify authenticity, Airport baggage tracking logistics and etc.
- Power supply 3.3 V/5V
- Support ISO/IEC 14443 A/MIFARE
- Support mifare1 S50、mifare1 S70、mifare UltraLight、mifare Pro、mifare Desfire
- Operating distance in Read/Write mode up to 40 mm
- FIFO buffer handles 64 byte send and receive
- SPI interface
- Working current 13~26mA
- Idle current 10—13mA
- Working temperature -25 ~ 85℃
- Size 71.00mm×40.90mm
- MFRC522 IC working voltage of 3.3V, the power to the module, do not mistake the input voltage!
- Production progress tracking,warehouse stock tracking
- Personal identification
- Car transponder
- Access Control System
5.S50 Induction IC Card
Part 1 Download Arduino RFID 522 CODE to Arduino IDE
1. Download the file of ”Arduino_RFID_522_CODE” from our official website
2. Open ”Arduino_RFID_522_CODE”, and enter into Arduino IDE(1.0.5), the screen like below would occur, then compile and upload the code.
Note： The content in the red circle would remind you that when using Arduino UNO or MEGA 2560 mainboard to test, you need to modify the chipSelectPin into the corresponding pin.
Part 2 MFRC522 Module and Arduino UNO Wiring Way
Step 1. Wiring diagram
Step 2. Compile and run the Arduino（1.0.5）IDE code
Compile and run the program in Arduino（1.0.5）IDE. After upload succeed, open the serial port, then place the S50IC induction card or clear card within the induction area of the module, you would see the display effect as follows.
Running effect as below：
Includes important code snippet. Demo code like : Paintcode
The projects and application examples.
|v0.9b||Initial public release||date|
Bug Tracker is the place you can publish any bugs you think you might have found during use. Please write down what you have to say, your answers will help us improve our products.
The Additional Idea is the place to write your project ideas about this product, or other usages you've found. Or you can write them on Projects page.
How to buy
Click here to buy:
Other related products and resources.
Links to external webpages which provide more application ideas, documents/datasheet or software libraries