RAMPS Mega Shield V1.4
RepRap Arduino Mega Shield, or RAMPS for short. It is designed to fit the entire electronics needed for a RepRap in one small package for low cost. It is a "1.5 layer" designed board (i.e. it's double sided board, but one of layers can easily be replaced with wire-jumpers) that is printable on your RepRap with the etch resist pen method, or home fabbed with toner transfer. At the same time it is based on the powerful <a href="http://www.elecfreaks.com/estore/freaduino-mega2560-white-color-mb-frdn011.html">Freaduino MEGA</a> platform and has plenty room for expansion. The modular design includes plug in stepper drivers and extruder control electronics on an Arduino MEGA shield for easy service, part replacement, upgrade-ability and expansion. Additionally as long as the main RAMPS board is kept to the top of the stack a number of Arduino expansion boards can be added to the system.
Version 1.4 uses surface mount capacitors and resistors to further cover edge issue cases. As of version 1.3 in order to fit more stuff RAMPS is no longer designed for easy circuit home etching. If you want to etch your own PCB either get version 1.25 or Generation_7_Electronics. Version 1.25 and earlier are "1.5 layer" designed boards (i.e. it's double sided board, but one of layers can easily be replaced with wire-jumpers) that is printable on your RepRap with the etch resist pen method, or home fabbed with toner transfer.
This board is mostly based on Adrian's Pololu_Electronics and work by Tonok. Copper etch resists methods suggested by Vik. Also inspired by Vik's work with EasyDrivers. circuit design based mostly on Adrian's Pololu_Electronics Joaz at RepRapSource.com supplied initial pin definitions and many design improvements. Much inspiration, suggestions, and ideas from Prusajr, Kliment, Maxbots, Rick, and many others in the RepRap community.
- It has provisions for the cartesian robot and extruder.
- Expandable to control other accessories.
- 3 mosfets for heater / fan outputs and 3 thermistor circuits.
- Fused at 5A for additional safety and component protection
- Heated bed control with additional 11A fuse
- Fits 5 Pololu stepper driver board
- Pololu boards are on pin header sockets so they can be replaced easily or removed for use in future designs.
- I2C and SPI pins left available for future expansion.
- All the Mosfets are hooked into PWM pins for versatility.
- Servo style connectors are used to connect to the endstops, motors, and leds. These connectors are gold plated, rated for 3A, very compact, and globally available.
- SD Card add on available -- Available now made by Kliment - Sdramps
- LEDs indicate when heater outputs on
- Option to connect 2 motors to Z for Prusa Mendel
Pin definition and Rating
|v1.4||Initial public release||date|
- 1.4 August 4, 2011
- Changed capacitors and resistors to surface mount components
- Added LEDs to mosfet outputs
- Added bulk capacitors for each stepper driver
- Added pull up resistors to enable to override the Pololu drivers default enabled state
- Added mosfet gate resistors
- Added pull-ups for I2C
- Servo1 connector moved to pin 11 to free 7 for ADK
- Fixed thermals
- Servo 5V supply is only connected to VCC if a jumper is added
- Reset switch changed for small footprint
- Moved Aux conectors around a bit and increased board size ~0.1"
- Added some space around Q3 for a small heatsink
- 1.3 May 13, 2011
- Added 5th stepper driver socket
- Added 3rd thermistor circuit
- Added Heated bed circuit w/ 11A PTC fuse, changed to 4 position pluggable input jack to accommodate additional current
- Increased board size to 4"x2.32"
- Pin order on heater outputs changed
- Increased spacing increased to accommodate different connectors
- Added connectors for optional 2 motors on Z driver
- Added connector for PS control
- Improved expansion connector layout
- Moved LED towards corner and added resistor to LED circuit
- No longer optimised for home etching :(
- License changed to GPL v3 or newer
- v1.2 January 04, 2011
- Added 0.1" motor connector to RAMPS for each driver (motors no longer have to be connected on top of stepper drivers)
- Added breakouts for serial and I2C
- Changed extra power and pin headers around for easier connection to extra boards.
- Lost most extra analog breakouts
- More silk screen and bottom layer fixing
- v1.1 September 30, 2010
- Replaced power barrel jack with plug-able screw terminal
- Added jumpers to select micro-stepping on stepper driver boards
- Added debug LED
- Changed mosfet pins to be compatible with FiveD firmware
- Reduced number of 100uF capacitors to 1
- Added 100nF capacitor to 12V input
- Put auxiliary 12VIN and GNDIN pads in a straight line
- Silk screen and bottom layer cleaned up
- v1.0 Original RAMPS PCB design
- v0.1? Point to point wired Arduino MEGA Prototype shield
Bug Tracker is the place you can publish any bugs you think you might have found during use. Please write down what you have to say, your answers will help us improve our
The Additional Idea is the place to write your project ideas about this product, or other usages you've found. Or you can write them on Projects page.
How to buy
Click here to buy: http://www.elecfreaks.com/estore/remps-luxury-kit-619.html
Other related products and resources.
This documentation is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0 Source code and libraries are
licensed under GPL/LGPL, see source code files for details.
Links to external webpages which provide more application ideas, documents/datasheet or software libraries