Freaduino Leonardo is an Arduino Leonardo 100% compatible board. Just need 18USD you can own it. It is based on Arduino Leonardo design. So you can use Freaduino Leonardo as Arduino Leonardo. All code, shield and IDE for Arduino Leonardo are also valid on Freaduino Leonardo.
Some visible improvements on hardware make Freaduino more flexible and easier to use. For example: 3.3v or 5v IO selectable allows you to connect some 3.3v modules (such as XBee) to Freaduino directly. Using miniUSB interface, SPI bus breakout make bus connect easier.
The Leonardo is a microcontroller board based on the ATmega32u4 (datasheet). It has 20 digital input/output pins (of which 7 can be used as PWM outputs and 12 as analog inputs), a 16 MHz crystal oscillator, a micro USB connection, a power jack, an ICSP header, and a reset button. It contains everything needed to support the microcontroller; simply connect it to a computer with a USB cable or power it with a AC-to-DC adapter or battery to get started.
The Leonardo differs from all preceding boards in that the ATmega32u4 has built-in USB communication, eliminating the need for a secondary processor. This allows the Leonardo to appear to a connected computer as a mouse and keyboard, in addition to a virtual (CDC) serial / COM port. It also has other implications for the behavior of the board; these are detailed on the getting started page.
- Inherits all of Arduino Leonardo’s features.
- 3.3V/5V Operating Voltage selection
- All pins out for Sensor and Servo
- SPI/IIC interface breakout
- Compatible to Arduino UNO/Duemilanove’s pin layout, screw hole and dimensions.
- Microcontroller: ATmega32u4
- Operating Voltage: 5V
- Input Voltage (recommended): 7-12V
- Input Voltage (limits): 6-20V
- Digital I/O Pins: 20
- PWM Channels: 7
- Analog Input Channels: 12
- DC Current per I/O Pin: 40 mA
- DC Current for 3.3V Pin: 50 mA
- Flash Memory: 32 KB (ATmega32u4) of which 4 KB used by bootloader
- SRAM: 2.5 KB (ATmega32u4)
- EEPROM: 1 KB (ATmega32u4)
- Clock Speed: 16 MHz
- 1 x Freaduino Leonardo
- 1 x miniUSB cabLe