Flower ProtoBoard Technical Discussion At AVRFreaks
There is a Flower ProtoBoard technical discussing area At AVRFreaks. There have been many impressed idea and suggestion. Everybody is welcome to join it. Nard said : Guys, let's have the technical discussion and suggestions here. :D
- 1. It's a giant step forward in pad-shape in years. See the attached "various" picture
- 2. 1206 shape is doable but 0805 is better. SOT23: a 45 degr orientation has been suggested, but I'd rather use orthogonal orientation. But that's a matter of taste. SOT223 is easy to use.
- 3. The SOIC area: we AVRfreaks need 4 more pins to use a 90PWM3. See picture.
- 4. Tracks from header-holes to pads are very thin: 0.2mm ? I'd prefer a wider track.
- 5. Ross suggested a non-plated through version: I understand the why, but the "price" is loss of ruggedness. Maybe this suggestion helps: use a 3mm spiral steel drillbit, put it on a hole of which you'd like to get rid of the plated through hole, a few turns by hand suffice. Of course the four leaves of the flower are no longer interconnected but a small blob of tin will re-establish that connection.
- 6. Arduino-shields are a market but so are Eurocards: 100x160mm. No competion to eachother, just an extra market segment. As a price indication: I pay €2.50 for a plated through, square pads Eurocard, FR4 material. A slightly higher price for a Euro-flower card would be acceptable.
Did some layout-work .... With a modified flower-pad, the dualrow header for the Xmega shield can be accessed via pads To get the SOIC32 to a usable layout was a tad more work: on the bottomlayer a groundtrack is added to the two rows of SMDpads. Any of the SOICpads can now be connected to ground with a solder-blob. Would have been nice to do something simular for Vcc but that's tricky The pictures in this post are so called photoviews.
Share this post
About the Author
- Micro bit supplier
- Wholesale Suppliers
- Micro bit tutorial
- Micro bit classroom pack
- Mcorbit Environment Monitoring
- TPBot car
- Micro:bit car
- AI Lens
- Micor:bit AI Lens
- Microbit gyroscope
- Micro:bit LEDs
- BBC micro:bit
- Micro:bit Manipulator
- Wukong board
- Micro:bit Motorcycle
- Nezha breakout
- Micro:bit DIY