ELF 3D Print Your Open Source Drone Contest
We decided to run ELF 3D Print Your Open Source Drone Contest with YouMagine.
Here is the play-to-play:
The ELF has 3D printed parts on it and we want communities to improve and extend the drone themselves. Since all the hardware and software of the ELF are open source we really hope many people will get involved in expanding it. As rewards, we are offering you a chance to win 5 ELF drones. 3 drones will go to the first placed winner, one to the second place and another to the third place. The finalists will be chosen by the ELF team. Enter into this contest to build a better drone and win a fun smartphone controlled VR drone. You can download and print the ELF drone parts here from YouMagine.
YouMagine is an online community of 3D printing enthusiasts who wish to work together to share, remix and make better 3D printed things. YouMagine facilitates this community, empowers and gives the tools people need in order to improve, invent & make. Uniquely YouMagine is primarily a vehicle for supporting open source creation and wants to be a force multiplier for the entire 3D printing community.
ELF Drone Hardware showing the 3D printed parts
Criteria and rules
The contest ends the 1st of May.
- The winners will be announced on the 3rd of May.
- All entries must be tagged “ELF Drone Contest”
- All work must be original and made available under an open source license via YouMagine.
- The winners will be chosen according to 3 main criteria:
- To what extent the design improves the ELF drone in making it more functional or by extending the drone’s functionality.
- Winners will receive their prizes in July as the ELF ships.
- First place: 3 ELF drones. Second: One. Third: One.
In case that you need some constructive tips for the software design, here are the two tutorials shared weeks ago: 3D Print Files Design Tips for FDM Printers 1
So far the ELF project has been funded to the tune of $77,829 by 1196 people on Indiegogo. Thanks backers!