GPRS Shield - EFCom Preview
Hi Guys, the GPRS Shield we call it - EFCom.
This shield based on SIMCom's SIM900 4 Frequency ultra GSM/GPRS module. SIM900 is an ultra compact and reliable wireless module. Featuring an industry-standard interface, the SIM900 delivers GSM/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900MHz performance for voice, SMS, Data, and Fax in a small form factor and with low power consumption.
The Shield is controlled via AT commands (GSM 07.07 ,07.05 and SIMCOM enhanced AT Commands), and fully compatible with Arduino / Freaduino and Mega. Expected available time :
May 14th - 16th
What is the new features of this shield ?
1. Easy to use.
Just plug this shield on the Arduino/ Freaduino board, and they can provide a GSM/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900MHz performance for voice, SMS, Data, and Fax in a small form factor and with low power consumption.
2. Free serial port connecting.
You can use the 2 jumper block to connect the SIM900 URAT post to any pins within D0-D7. There is a switch on board , you can use it to select the connection of the UART port or Debug port , even be set on on Arduino, but by the switch and jumper block, the SIM900 can be connect to PC via FT233RL.
3. SIM900 all pins breakout.
Not just the UART port and debug port be layout, but also all pins on SIM900 be layout to the 2.54 standard pitch.
4. Super capacitor power supply for the RTC.
The RTC can work more than 1 days by the power supply of super capacitor. So the SIM900 can keep the time and day when power off.
5. Not only can use the button for power on,
but also can use the digital pin of Arduino to power on and reset the SIM900 module.
GPRS Module General features
- Quad-Band 850/ 900/ 1800/ 1900 MHz
- GPRS multi-slot class 10/8
- GPRS mobile station class B
- Compliant to GSM phase 2/2+ – Class 4 (2 W @850/ 900 MHz) – Class 1 (1 W @ 1800/1900MHz)
- Control via AT commands (GSM 07.07 ,07.05 and
- SIMCOM enhanced AT Commands)
- SIM application toolkit
- Supply voltage range : 3.1 ... 4.8V
- Low power consumption: 1.5mA(sleep mode)
- Operation temperature: -40°C to +85 °C
Share this post
About the Author
- Micro bit supplier
- Wholesale Suppliers
- Micro bit tutorial
- Micro bit classroom pack
- Mcorbit Environment Monitoring
- TPBot car
- Micro:bit car
- AI Lens
- Micor:bit AI Lens
- Microbit gyroscope
- Micro:bit LEDs
- BBC micro:bit
- Micro:bit Manipulator
- Wukong board
- Micro:bit Motorcycle
- Nezha breakout
- Micro:bit DIY